When is the Town Clerk available at the Market House?

The Town Clerk and/or Deputy Clerk are available at The Market House Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 10am – 12.30pm and by appointment at other times

How do I contact Ansford Parish Council?

Ruby Coombes is the Clerk to Ansford Parish Council. A link to their website is below with more details about how to contact them.

Ansford Parish Council – A Rural Parish (

What day is my waste and recycling collected?

Click here for more information about waste and recycling collections

Somerset Waste Partnership – Transforming your waste

When does the Natwest van visit Castle Cary?

The Natwest mobile van visits Castle Cary (on the cobbles in front of the Market House) every Thursday morning from 10.45am – 11.45am

How do I report a problem on the road?

Problems on the road should be reported to Somerset Council using the link below:

Report a problem on the road

How do I report non urgent Police issues?

Issues and incidents can be reported online using the link below


Report | Avon and Somerset Police

How do I find out about Ansford and Castle Cary Community Speedwatch?

The Community Speedwatch (CSW) for Castle Cary and Ansford has now been setup and a location at Station Road approved.

If you are interested in taking part please contact the Town Clerk by email 

Speed concerns can be raised with Avon and Somerset Police using the link below

Avon and Somerset Police

The link to report anti-social driving is below

Report anti-social driving | Avon and Somerset Police

How do I contact Somerset Council?

Somerset Council can be contacted by phone on 0300 123 2224 or using the link below:

Somerset Council

Skip to content